I think Calgary is a very safe country; I don't know if I think so, because I'm from Venezuela and it's so different. First of all, every Venezuelan when is in a party, street, bar, work or wherever place are attend to anything that could happen, I mean that in my country you're almost never safe so you have to hold's attention to everything, different from Calgary that you're safe almost always. The culture in Venezuela is very rich, the people are warm, talkative and hard worker maybe it's because Venezuelans are learning how "survive" to be successful, so it's incredible but the security in a country can make big changes in the culture (to good and to bad). However, I'm so happy living in Calgary I can't believe that I can be on the c-train or bus and I can use my laptop or my phone. In Venezuela you'd better not use expensive electronics machines front of strange people because it's dangerous. On the other hand, Calgary has his scams too. For example, I've seen a lot of fraud here on internet such as "win the lottery or put your I.D account to win something" and in my country I've never seen it but they are insignificant compared to Venezuela's fraud. There's a new trend of kidnappings, now you can be kidnapped without knowing, it sounds crazy but it's real. Well, I'm just describing the most popular scams in both countries; However, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. In conclusion, if you want to live in a very calm and safe country, Calgary is the best.


You're right, Calgary may not be the most exciting city or have the best weather, but it's quite safe. I don't have to worry if I'm downtown or on the train. Random violent crime is very rare here.
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
First of all, every Venezuelan who is at a party, street, bar, work or wherever is always alert for anything that could happen.
On the other hand, Calgary has its scams too.
I also think Calgary is safe. I think it's dangerous wherever is in the night. Japan has the computer fraud too, so we have to know well about that.
ReplyDelete